View Single Post
Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 PM   #15
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

GOT MY ENGINE PARTS TODAY!

First of all, I have to say thanks to Jarrett and Glen from Raceseng. They were very helpful in helping me choose the parts I needed to make sure this engine stays together and makes the power it needs to spool the turbo and stay together under the extra load. We decided to go with their .310 lift cam, 55 pound double valve springs kit, stainless steel stock size valves, Rev Rocker S1 rocker arms and push rod kit,head stud kit, Billet aluminum flywheel, Adjustable timing kit, newer style OEM honda flat top piston and all the engine tools they manufacture to help put it all together. All of these parts are super high quality, tough as nails, and made right here in the Lehigh Valley. To finish this off i went with the ARC billet aluminum stock length connecting rod. When I got home I immediately tore into the little Honda. I haven't had a chance to put an engine together since my automotive classes in college, so this was a nice relaxing end to the week.

ripped the head off. piece of mind know that the engine is indeed brand new

stock head and valve train
http://s1107.photobucket.com/user/ro...g.html?filters[user]=111737054&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=13

Stock cam out, note the decompression springs that are often the cause of failed engines when going beyond the stock limits.

then took apart the valve train, Raceseng left, Stock right

comparing cams, solid piece!

Installing 55lbs springs, so glad I bought the tool to compress the springs, it worked very well and saved me a headache.

new rev rockers sitting pretty

once the head was finished, decided to pull the piston out

stock one is dished, the flat top should up compression a bit.

annnd all done for the night. My connecting rod should arrive tomorrow and hopefully i'll be able to set valve lash and put the covers back together and get working on the turbo kit.

all said and done this engine should do about ~20 horsepower and rev to the moon. I have the option to mill the head down a bit to get even more compression if i need to, but i'm gonna leave it alone for now and see what kind of power i can make first.

Last edited by rocknrace03; 10-31-2013 at 11:04 PM.
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote