View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:35 PM   #57
alwaysinboost
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1454

My Ride:
04 EVO Wrecked by Oakes Detailing

*update*

there is an expression that says "sometimes you have to slow down to go faster". I realized what that meant a couple of weeks ago ...

I did an autox with the NNJR SCCA a couple of weeks ago. Instead of using the normal parking lot they let us use their new road course.
It was a really fun and challanging day. My instructor in this video was an accomplished driver who had a lotus and an EVO. He was impressed with the driving, I still am not. The main thing I learned from him that day was not to overdrive the car.

I was the fastest EVO that day and would have taken another first place finish in novice if it had not been for a couple cones on my last run.
Here is the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ml2A6DAwsU

and a couple of pics

The following week I did Pocono North with PDA. this was my second time at pocono but the first time I was really able to drive it and not worry about giving point bys to everyone. My I wanted to be in Green (HPDE1) but they stuck me in White (HPDE2) instead which worked out well, I think I would have been held back in HPDE1. I was given permission to go solo after my first session but decided to keep the instructor with me for the next couple of sessions so i could get some advice in a couple of areas I felt slow. Out of all the cars there that day the only two that passed me were a C6 Z06 and an Audi R8. both of those drivers were well out of their class and should have been in at least HPDE3 but it was fun to follow their lines for the little time I could hang with them.

Here is a little vid of the last 10 or so minutes from the final session of the day. There was a black STi there who was pretty close to my skill level. I think he was quicker in the turns and carried more speed down the straight then me, but I would somehow catch up to him after the bowl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVNtByE1FsA

and a couple of pics from Pocono

That was a real fun course. I'm taking the z06 to the Pocono long course on 7/20. That course lets you use 2 out of the three straights on the tri-oval. A couple of my buddies who have run that configuration before think I'll be in the 170mph range... if I have the balls.

Next video was from last weekend at the free opening of the etown road course. It looks like its going to be a fun little track. Not big speed but very techincal which I like. I was following my friend Pal in his 08 M coupe who you see in the beginning. Pal has been road racing for 5-6 years now with several different cars but since this was a new course to him he wasn't pushing it much... or so he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZyQutO9hTg

almost 91k on the EVO and its running STRONG! 4G63 FTMFW!!!

Last edited by alwaysinboost; 06-10-2008 at 03:41 PM.
alwaysinboost is offline   Reply With Quote