View Single Post
Old 02-26-2006, 10:47 PM   #11
Buster
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #449

My Ride:
2008 Mustang GT/CS

Send a message via AIM to Buster
At the risk of sounding ignorant, the claybar isnt the best product for most people. In fact I deal with more cars in my shop on account of improper use of the product. The claybar is also Not good for tar removal, or bugs. And for the sake of costs not very cost efficent. The claybar I use personally cost about $20 a pop.

But this is how I expain it to the newbies:

The claybar is a hard putty like block, It picks up the surface contaiminants that the washing and waxing alone cannot. It works best after the intial wash when the surface is semi clean.

To use it first make up a solution of water and carwash and dilute it 10-1. Spray it on the surface and slide the bar gently, then wipe clean with a micro fiber. This should be done one panel at a time. As you work the surface be sure to knead the bar as it will become dirtier and dirtier.

The clay bar is natually only good for one or two uses and should not be used if it becomes excessively dirty or is dropped on the ground.

As far as Zaino is concerned, some like it others dont. My policy has always been that if it sounds easy or is... its not working.

Detailing your car is not something that should be taken easy. Your car for most people is the most expensive thing they own and should be treated with respect.

Last edited by Buster; 02-26-2006 at 10:50 PM.
Buster is offline   Reply With Quote