The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by foolio View Post
Yes it is. However we all know that most of all this power that these guys are putting down is do to the tuning factor of the vehicle. Anyone can make good power out of almost anything with good tuning. Notice he said he has AEM EM. Ive never messed with it, but people like using it and from what I hear its a awesome system for mangagement.

Awesome pictures of the blocks. Everyone hears alot about Closed, Semi and Open blocks but dont really understand. Pictures speak a thousand words. The problem with our blocks isnt wether they are open,closed, or semi. The fact is, is that the oiling system isnt that great. At higher RPMs the oil gets pushed into the cylinder (bearing wise) in front of it starving the bearing of oil. There are a few things we can do to help this. We can have the crank cross drilled for better oil flow. We can also upgrade the oil pump. The Legacy JDM oil pump flows up to 20% more. Cosworth also makes an upgraded pump and so does JUN if you want to spend 900 bucks.

Jodie
just to open the discussion a little more i'll play devils advocate, even though i have no proof one way or another...

i've heard that crossdrilling has no definitely proveable benefits and thats its risky business messing with the oil system in the motor. of course others do think this is a solution.

also, the discussion goes that you dont need to increase pressure, you need to increase volume of flow which the 2.2 pump doesnt do. in fact its just a normal pump with a shim in it and a lot of guys i've talked to dont feel like its necessarily beneficial.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote