View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #7
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

There's no option for < 10 minutes. lol. I drove 5 minutes to the police station where the Sheriff was holding a 'remote' LTCF day. I parked my car, walked all the way into the back room where a single guy was sitting reading a book and waiting for people. He did his thing, handed me me LTCF and I was back in my car in 9 minutes.

Aside from "Constitutional Carry" like Vermont, that's the way it should work. In and out... ASAP. PA is a "shall issue" state and all counties must give you a LTCF unless there's a specific reason found that bar you from obtaining the LTCF (like a felony record). The Sheriff can determine whether or not you're eligible alomost immediately with the PICS phone call just as if you were buying a gun. There's absolutely no reason that some counties wait as long as they do or like MontCo, force you to jump through hoops and drive to the local PD and then back to the courthouse and then wait (in most cases)... they just hate guns and gun owners and are doing everything they possibly can to annoy the s*** out of you. The law says 45 days including weekends... 1.5 months... is the limit. They must issue by then.

I'm not really trying to pick on you or anything, but why the new thread for a poll? The only people who carry a firearm on this site are already very active within the 'I like Guns' thread. I think we've almost all responded here already. lol.

Last edited by DC2.2GSR; 11-23-2010 at 07:36 PM.
DC2.2GSR is offline   Reply With Quote