View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
240vert
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #10173

My Ride:
93 240SX Convertible

Thanks, although I'm really regretting buying a black car now though. New scratches appear everyday.

So the diff got here a little late yesterday. Usually FedEx shows up around 9:30, but I guess I'm just used to getting stuff that weighs less than 10lbs from them. But once it got here I set to work removing the diff ear bushings and installing the SPL solids. Then, pulled the factory cover and drained the old fluid. Everything looked good so installed the Nismo finned cover and set the diff to 80% lock up. After that put everything back together. I will say that getting the subframe back in sucked. Took maybe 5-6 times to get it to go in dead straight. Didn't get many pictures though.

Somewhere this thing was upside down. The box it came in smelled great.

New bushings in and nismo cover.

Old bushings.

So I will say I probably should have went poly with the subframe bushings. It's a little loud in the cabin, but that's my only gripe.
I can power out of a corner with confidence now, rear end feels a lot better. It's pretty much a different car now. Maybe that exhaust may be next priority to drown up some of the noise I hear now