View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #8318
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Just got a call that my Z is done (well for the season anyway). I had installed a new CM Performance 2 1/2 inch exhaust before I dropped it off at the shop for "I hate rust so my mechanics can fix it now".

List of things he did for me:
Pacesetter headers (they are cheap and they fit the best when compared to the MSA headers and the Doug thorley headers)
Rust repair under both seats.
New radiator/ complete cooling system overhaul (everything was OE and a previous owner put stop leak in it at one point so it was a gunky nightmare).
Timing Belt
New stainless steel exhaust manifold studs
New stainless steel master hardware kit.
Water pump
Full tune up
Removed some of the emission nonsense
Removed stock airbox and installed a straight pipe and cone filter.

I think a few other things too but the rust repair under the seats was the big one. I don't see too many VG30Es with headers and an exhaust so I am looking forward to hearing how this thing sounds in person, since most people just go turbo, but I think I want to keep this car simple. Maybe I'll boost it later down the line, but I just want it to be a nice weekend end cruiser that looks good.

Other plans this season: Swap out the tail lights (I have new ones that aren't cracked), possible new windshield (big ole' crack in the current one), a ducktail spoiler if I can find a good one, radio system overhaul, Possible flares (I have rear AE flares, but my friend said he would give me his ZG flares), and diagnose the speedo not working and the fuel gauge not working.

Next year we dive into the suspension and do a bit more rust repair, but for now, it is time to take the T-tops off and enjoy the car. I'll Edit in a current picture of the car from my phone in a few.

I'll get some proper pics when it is home and cleaned up.

Last edited by Bates; 05-29-2019 at 02:46 PM.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote