russiankid
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #7769

My Ride:
2012 Scion tC

Send a message via AIM to russiankid
Quote:
Originally Posted by EKLIPZGSX97 View Post
Sorry if I'm a little late jumping in here but If you're @ 97K you're rapidly coming into GM Truck Fuel Pump territory. It's not abnormal for them to be loud, the impellers inside the pump start hating themselves and start whining a little more than usual before they take a ****.

This is about as common as common gets with GM Trucks, anytime you get over 90K you start playing russian roulette with your fuel pump every day. My S10 went @ 101K my brother's Tahoe went @ 85K then again @ 116K (Aftermarket Crap) my buddy's Silverado went to 103K and another buddy's Sonoma was the longest lasting one I EVER saw with 118K on the OEM pump.

I would plan for it and either be ready for it or nip it in the butt before it leaves you stuck somewhere. The OEM GM pump is about $300-$400 and it takes 3-4 hours to drop the tank and swap the pump ( or pull the bed off the truck but I dont think thats an options for you)
Yeah I guess it depends. I read on Avalanche forums and a lot of people went to 130k+ on the original pump. I guess I will look info getting it replaced soon. And pulling the bed off is not an option haha.