Old 06-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
It's Chevy's fault for all of the letter/number nomenclature.

The mag-ride suspension that is optional on the SS Camaro is the FE3

The SS also has an optional package called the 1LE that is uprated spring rates, swaybars, stiffer control arm bushings F+R, and mag-ride tuning...that package is called the FE4. (This also comes as an optional kit for the FE3 cars which is what I had done on my SS)

The regular ZL1 that I bought comes with the FE4 but with different front spring rates due to the extra engine weight over the regular SS.

The ZL1 1LE comes with the DSSV dampers, replacing the mag-ride, solid aluminum bushings, different swaybar out back and that suspension is called the FEA.

If you want to go deeper indepth, the rear knuckles change between the FE3 and FE4/FEA too.

So my ZL1 is 100% FE4 but with modified front spring rates.
Thanks for the clarification.

I almost think mag ride is the way to go for a street car. Kinda the best of both worlds race/street.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote