View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #33
DC2.2GSR
Tri-State Addict

Member #5220

My Ride:
is completely stock and gets great gas mileage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snackman508 View Post
what make silver so hard, would it be better if you went a darker gray, like the color of a lot a civics now a days.
read this \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC2.2GSR View Post
every color has its nightmare scenario as far as trying to get it to turn out nicely and having things go wrong. black is very easy to spray, but is very difficult to finish off. white is actually a bit tough to spray because its tough to see coverage, and dirt nibs can show up as black dots and cant be sanded out of the clear... but generally white is very easy to finish sand and buff. reds and blues and greens can go either way (there are sooo many different ones).

silver metaillics can be extremely difficult to spray and prep for. you see everything. sand scratches, DA marks, wavy body work, etc. you'll see everything because of how the metallics flop. every inperfection turns out looking darker silver, so it shows up easily. it's also very easy to stripe metallics. if you get a heavy hand on a few passes, you'll see stripes. if your gun isn't set up properly, you'll see stripes. lol. it's tough. but then again, sanding/buffing silver is easy.

like i said, every color has its issue.

silvers of any kind can be difficult because of what i listed. dark silvers sometimes hide imperfections better, but then again i've had dark charcoal type colors stripe unexpectedly as well. you just never know, nothing's set in stone. the general idea is just to become a better painter by making the mistakes once and learning 'on the job' how to fix them and avoid them next time.