Banned

Member #1481

My Ride:
6spd Civic

Send a message via AIM to jdm free
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfDelco View Post
I'll start it off.

I don't vote. I never registered and never plan to. I consider myself a liberal independent. I side mostly with Democratic viewpoints yet I also have a couple more traditional conservative values. I HATE that the Republican party has been hi-jacked by Ultra-Conservative Christian Right Wing Fanatics... and I HATE that the Democratic party has been hi-jacked by the ACLU and is completely focused on unraveling the idea of social responsibility (ie. the parents of the 14 y/o girl that died in Philly, SUING DHS and the city for her death...when they were at fault).

I really can't stand politicas as usual in American, and I don't like politicians because they ALL lie and break their own moral values to win.

That said, its clear to me that what America needs now is a change from the "Old boys Club" and the Status quo, and Obama is clearly more well positioned to do that.

How so? Simply by stating he is for change... that is something McCain won't say. Because McCain doesn't really want to change things, but rather to protect the interests of those who support him: the top 2% of income earners, the NRA, big business (including oil and pharmaceuticals) defense/weapons firms, etc... The fact that Obama talks about change, means that he is OPEN to hearing the real issues of common american people, and doing what he can to improve them.

Obama is more level-headed, and less likely to make emotional, irrational decisions than his seasoned (jaded) counterpart. I used to really like McCain, around 2000... but I have witnessed him compromise so many of his ideals in order to fit into mainstream republican circles, that I've lost all respect for him.

Also, its as simple as: Obama wants out of Iraq (and never wanted to go in the 1st place), McCAin wants a permanent presence in Iraq (and still doesn't see/admit to the flawed thinking that led up to our invasion in the first place).

Do i think McCAin would be a horrible pres? No, not really. But it would just be another 4 years of painful, downward spiraling idiocy at the hands of the GOP. Its not McCain i'd be as worried about, but the people he would be forced to surround himself with in his cabinet...And the Supreme court justice he might appoint.
If you dont vote why the hell are you in this thread and your opinion is pointless. i hate people who complain about politics and govt and dont exercise their right to vote. it doesnt matter if they both suck, you should atleast vote for the better of two evils as you seem to think they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAOS View Post
if you dont vote, the rest of your post is COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY POINTLESS.
agreed
jdm free is offline   Reply With Quote