View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 11:19 AM   #228
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Went to the NEPA TNT at pocono yesterday afternoon (easily worth the $20). Show up>work for an hour>get as many runs as possible for an hour>go home.

Positive note, the car stayed together just fine. Generally things were good. I got about 8 runs in I think, mostly making sure things weren't rubbing in a bad way and messing with air pressures. Initially the car felt loose and poor traction but I finally got the tire pressures dialed in, ~23 front/ 25 rear, it felt more balanced and pretty well even heat. I had forgot I turned the shocks full stiff so I could have a good starting point to soften when I got there. I didn't change them until the last run and they very much balanced out the car. There is definitely still room for tweaking but overall a successful trial. The car is still a blast to drive, the driving was poor. My best time was a 55.9, the SMF nationals winning civic was running ~54.6. So I have a lot of time to pick up.

TL:DR Car did fine. Suspension tweaks were made to late. Driver sucks at driving.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote