View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 08:40 AM   #223
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

295s are on the rims, below are some comparisons with the 275s. They are not quite as wide as I had hoped. I also think I can pick up on the tapered edge that has been professed to be the problem.

Anyway I have mounted them on the car. As suspected, there are clearance issues with the shock spring at full lock steering this with only ~1 deg of camber.

The good news is I have pretty good clearance at the rear of the wheel well. Soo I think I am a wheel spacer, and maybe steering limiters, away from having a 295s fit on an NA legally in CSP. First that I know of that.

Eventually I would like to build some offset top hats to limit the amount of spacer needed, or increase camber capability. This is complicated because of the way xida shocks mount but I think I could design one using a hacked up stock mount. Some engineering to do...

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote