View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 11:54 PM   #15
Action Park
Tri-State Addict

Member #2802

My Ride:
bug and a rabbit

I'll note that moisture contaminated methanol takes on a yellowish tinge from all the air particulates and junk. This is why it is incorrect to think that it's okay to run slightly diluted meth if you're going to add pure water anyway.

May I also note to the prospective auxillary injection user that it is imperative to make sure the pump is primed and working completely up to par before you make changes to the engine that necessitate it. Common sense, yes, but keep in mind that this is something that can claim your engine if it poops out. The quality control of Shurflo pumps, the most common pump available, is subpar. Thankfully, as in my case, it did'nt really work too well from the get go instead of failing down the road when it would be relied upon. Make sure all wires are secure and have no chance of getting entangled in moving parts or burning on hot parts. Check things over frequently.
Feel free to remove if this post does'nt meet the criteria of a sticky thread.
Edit in response to post below-No, I do not have any experience with hydrometers, but I would strongly advise the use of one as opposed to simply going by looks.
93 93/93

Last edited by Action Park; 02-19-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Action Park is offline   Reply With Quote