Old 07-06-2017, 08:12 PM   #14
Foolinaround
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #9448

My Ride:
2016 GTI SE w/PP/Boeing C-17 Globemaster III

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSTi View Post
I'd say that the Mustang is on par (some things nicer, some things worse) with the Japanese sports car realm in terms of interior quality/materials these days. The Z cars are probably worse in materials than the newest American offerings too. It's a nice medium to hit compared to the plastic fantastic 1990's, but it's definitely not going to be an S-class inside.

The GTI is great for its price range and I'd rank it a little bit ahead of the A3 in terms of interior design (especially the seats and doors), but aside from storage it's in the same ballpark as the 2SS level with alcantara and use of leather, stitching, etc. Some slight build quality nibbles here and there, but as a longtime import/German car guy, I really have to give credit where it is due on the latest gen American vehicles. They've hit warp speed in a very short amount of time.
That's a good thing. Too long have people payed $40k for plastic in their vehicles. I'm not saying interior is everything, but you do spend a good amount of time inside it. Now if the camaro could stop being so ugly I'd buy one.
Foolinaround is offline   Reply With Quote