View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM   #13
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foolinaround View Post
I agree with you, but after slowly getting into nicer and nicer interiors it'll be hard to go back to the plastic.
I'd say that the Mustang is on par (some things nicer, some things worse) with the Japanese sports car realm in terms of interior quality/materials these days. The Z cars are probably worse in materials than the newest American offerings too. It's a nice medium to hit compared to the plastic fantastic 1990's, but it's definitely not going to be an S-class inside.

The GTI is great for its price range and I'd rank it a little bit ahead of the A3 in terms of interior design (especially the seats and doors), but aside from storage it's in the same ballpark as the 2SS level with alcantara and use of leather, stitching, etc. Some slight build quality nibbles here and there, but as a longtime import/German car guy, I really have to give credit where it is due on the latest gen American vehicles. They've hit warp speed in a very short amount of time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote