Old 01-10-2011, 05:50 PM   #264
rodder
Tri-State Addict

Member #6807

My Ride:
2005 STi, 1987 S10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supraru View Post
Ah damn. I guess all the Sti owners and tuners are suckers then. Just think, because you said you can do it that means it's safe. You ever think of becoming a tuner? You could be a millionaire....
LOL. 92awdtsi is 100% correct. You sir, are severely lacking in knowledge on the topic you are discussing. I'm not really sure why you're arguing, when you admitted yourself you don't even know how much boost a custom tune adds. If you don't even know that, how can you be so sure that a stock STi can't hold 21.5 psi? I'll give you a hint: there are 2.0L WRX guys running upwards of 20 psi on the stock td-04 midget snail with impressive results. Of course the turbo is operating WAY outside of it's efficiency range, but it works and makes power. IIRC there are a couple guys running 11s on the stock turbo.

Just stop it already dude. You're not doing anyone any favors. Especially the level-headed and mature subaru owners among us.

That said, as an unabashed subaru fanboi, I'm am extremely saddened by this news. Subaru really dropped the ball completely in 08, and it had been in the midst of a fumble ever since bringing the STi to the states.

Subaru gained an enormous amount of popularity in the states when they introduced the wrx. At the time, there was nothing even close to it's price range that could come close to beating it in any performance category. Then as other companies started coming out with competition, subaru stopped improving the platform, while basically doing nothing other than styling changes between 04-present.

The current STi has the same exact engine and transmission that the 04s did, but the body styling has been changed 3 times. While all the other car companies have been busy playing catch up, subaru has been using that time figuring out how to make their line-up as bland as possible.

You make me sad, subaru.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Last edited by rodder; 01-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.