Old 04-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #8
PAdutch
Tri-State Addict

Member #17024

My Ride:
Miata, Miata, Genesis, 08 burb 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared89 View Post
I just bought a new car last week and am pretty interested in this. How many people usually show up? How many runs do you get? is it a lot of sitting and waiting? thanks for the info.
As far as runs, NEPA is on of the best for getting alot of runs. This weekend is the first event (in Williamsport) on Saturday and Sunday. If your really interested in getting alot of runs they generally do "bonus runs" on Saturday afternoon for like a buck a run (they donate the extra cash). Generally it is typical to get 8ish runs without much sitting around at a normal event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumby View Post
I've been considering getting in this. Need to get a car worth taking to them again. Any recommendations for a newbie to SCCA.
Any car is worth taking (as long as its in good working order). My biggest recommendation is just show up and have an official or veteran help. People are generally very willing to help a newbie. For your first event I would just make sure your car is in good shape and get there early so you can walk the course a bunch get as many pointers as possible. If your truly interested PM your number and Ill help you if its an event I'm going to.

Miatas! -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

MY EVO (Sold)-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
PAdutch is offline   Reply With Quote