View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 AM   #16
cszakolczai
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2954

My Ride:
Sentra SER Spec V

yeah it does suck, but its more of a let down now and a waiting game. I've heard rumors about an updated lens coming out as well, but out of all honesty Nikon is the slowest company when it comes to trying to produce lenses, especially this one. I would just wait until the new lens comes out and then buy a 70-200VR fairly cheap but I may be old and grey by the time Nikon releases the new lens. I think the 70-200VR is an amazing lens and the only reason I chose to go with it are because the 80-200 AFD is semi slow I've heard when it comes to sports. Next option would be the 80-200AFS but that lens runs about 1200 1300 bucks still! So I might as well have saved up a little longer and just bought the 70-200VR. I would love to see if they come down in price, but I sincerely doubt they will fall that quickly, especially at the rate they are being sold. And knowing my luck, when the new 70-200VR came out people would buy them up in a second and the old 70-200VR will go up in price. I just want this lens finally, its such a tease having it, than finding out its broken.

Also, the new 70-200VR is supposed to have the new Nano crystal technology that Nikon has and thats all I've heard. But by the time that lens comes out, I'll probably have put over 10,000 shots through this lens... when I finally get a decent copy. Good glass keeps its value, so hopefully the 70-200VR will hold its value.

Last edited by cszakolczai; 10-01-2008 at 12:41 AM.
cszakolczai is offline   Reply With Quote