View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 01:25 PM   #56
Scapegoat
TST Ruined My Life!

Member #1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolmike View Post
Hopefully I will see you at the meet tomorrow night. If it were my truck, I would toss the 350 and find a big block. I have had the small block trucks, and replaced them with big blocks. There is no comparison with that size vehicle. You need long stroke grunt to move that much iron. My '72 long bed with a 350 couldn't get out of it's own way. A nice mild 402 with a TH350/10"converter and 4.10 gears(gas was cheap at the time) put me into mid 12s with little effort on 89 octane, driven(smoky tire fires in front of Hopper's house) every day.

If it is a trailing arm rear suspension, I will box them for you. It NEEDS to be done!! I broke my left trailing arm and that resulted in a cracked axle housing from drum to drum! Ditch your front sway bar and install a rear sway bar. The truck will handle great and have better weight transfer at launch. I have a whole list of stuff for you to do. It just takes time and money and time and money and time and money and time and money.................
you've obviously done this before ;) so I'll take your opinions to heart. We gotta get together and talk about this project more indepth
Scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote