View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 AM   #43
Danronian
Tri-State Addict

Member #1826

My Ride:
1995 Honda Civic Vx, 1975 Malibu

That part number lookup should be a big help, but don't discount the pistons being swapped out as well since it does appear to be a modified motor, and higher compression pistons are quite cheap for the 350.

Hopefully it turns out to be a replaced longblock with a somewhat recent one, and that would probably tell you it's untouched, but the old-style valve cover bolts (not the center-hole ones) hints to it being a pre-80s motor.

I've heard summit is a helpful tech resource, so hopefully they point you in the right direction. The only complaint I have about summit is the bolt kits they sell are junk. I tried them for my intake manifold and headers, and most of the stripped.... Only go with ARPs for the bolt kits (and small bolt heads are SO helpfuly for working around headers and to get to some of the intake manifold bolts).
you know what i hate? The way most people in this thread drive. [...] You're all F*cking retarded. I hope you all burn in hell. Seriously, mature a little and wise up [...] Unless you have a dying loved one in the back there is no need to sustain a speed of 85mph. You sound like a bunch of 16 year old kids in their mommy's volvo wagon. Congrats, you fail miserably.
Danronian is offline   Reply With Quote