Old 10-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_eh View Post
I hear ya... I have conflicting fun driving experiences in the integra & 240... I guess somewhere I lost sight of that as long as the driver is having fun with their car it really doesn't matter what they are driving.

what kind of turbo comes on these? Is there a large modding community for the jukes? do any other cars share the same engine as yours?
Yea I know what you mean. I am a FWD guy and always seem to have more fun in them. Grant it my my 78 and my 84 boosted Z were absolute blasts to drive, and I can't wait to get another one, but there is just something about the Juke that I fell in love with. While my 84 made way more torque (I love torque), the Juke is just so much more fun to drive.

What kind of turbo? Um I don't know, a baby turbo? A lawnmower turbo? An "Awwww look how cute that little guy is" kind of turbo. Lol, sorry Pas can't really give you any specs on it because sadly I don't know and I haven't been able to find too much info on them. All I can tell you is that trying to fit anything bigger will require a custom manifold to change the turbo location. I am plan on just upgrading the internals in the stock one to make it good for about 400HP. My goal is 350-375HP.

No other cars as of yet use the MR16DDT engine, but Nissan plans on using it for other cars.

The community is coming into its own. I am seeing more and more Jukes on the road, but no one else around here is modding them yet. Those who are modding them are spread out among the states, but the mod scene for them seems to be pretty big in Europe and Asia.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote