420sx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #2811

My Ride:
'98 240sx, 98 Impreza L, 00 SV650

Send a message via AIM to 420sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansupra94 View Post
If you have a cold air intake and no bypass valve, you are asking for trouble.
Meh, I disagree with this. If you have a cold air intake and no bypass valve and you DO run into trouble- you were probably doing something you shouldnt have been doing in a Honda Civic to begin with. Like crossing a lake.

Driving with a cold air is very simple. If the water is deeper than 6 inches.. You cant cross it. Thats it.

Driving in the rain is not going to hydrolock your motor. You need to completely SUBMERGE the filter and suck up straight water to hydrolock the motor. The occasional splash on the filter may affect the way the car runs, (ie you may notice it doing something different), but unless you completely submerge the cone, you wont hydrolock it.

Dont get me wrong- I still think its better to be safe then sorry. But if you hydrolock your motor, you were probably doing something you shouldnt have been, and at the very least are partially to blame.

Like I said- short ram intake (like whale cock), with a velocity stack, cone filter over that, and a comptech icebox around that. Best of both worlds.