View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 09:56 PM   #358
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Got my GC USMs in today so I could button up the rear suspension. The upper rear mounting tabs didn't fit 100% flat with the rear brace, but I am not worried about it for now.

All that's left back there is to fill the diff, re-pin a new plug for the speed sensor (that I don't have yet), and tighten the rear TAs when the car is on the ground. GC was also kind enough to send me fresh o rings for the front strut tubes.

The GC rear endlinks are quite short. I have them three full turns from the end currently and set the swaybar up in middle position for now.

I'm waiting on my Supertech valve springs for the head. Once I get those I'm dropping the head off at the machine shop to have it gone through. I'm in need of an Achilles oil pan baffle as well. Other than that, I'm just going to clean up the block while the head is off at the machine shop, inspect the chains/guides and replace as necessary, replace f/r main seals, assemble, and toss the motor in the car as a 2.8L bottom end. I have underdrive pulleys, 24# injectors, ASC delete elbow and Riot Racing bored throttle body coming as well. I decided not to do an upgraded MAF, as I do not think it will actually benefit me any (and the intake elbow is $120 vs $25, plus the inflated price of the porsche MAF for OBD2).

Sweet3 will be doing the harness here shortly. He mentioned the harness being different from an E39 vs E36, but the DME is MS41.1 so it should work out.

For now I'm removing the AC condensor/fan and just setting it up with a pusher fan unless some of my parts sell before I get to that point. I'll be running a Nissens M42 rad w/ integrated expansion tank to clean up the bay. Speaking of bay, I have most of my brackets ground down, I just need to smooth it out and have someone spray it, which I may do myself if I find some more time.

M3 rear shelf got fresh carpet to replace the faded and rear speakers were refinished. We're currently trying to find the proper interior paint color for natur so the door pockets can get refreshed.

Last edited by blue91lx; 10-14-2017 at 10:00 PM.
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote