View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 03:42 PM   #10
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Interesting comparison with the 911. I assume it rides WAY better than the 911 S too?

The current crop of muscle cars are great for the enthusiast. They're all pretty good (though Dodge is lagging and needs an update to cut weight ASAP) and really pushing the prices lower which is awesome.
Well, I'll just say it: No car I've had is as dialed in as the 997 era 911. It reads your eyes and mind on what to do next. Just supernatural ability despite its power and limits with the factory hardware.

I would love to still have one and hope to get one again someday. It's just that good.

Ride comfort, I would say the Camaro mag ride is better than the S suspension. The shocks are a couple generations ahead of where the S shocks were in 2005. Damping is better with bumps in the road on full stiff and there's a much more solid "platform" to the suspension. It's also a weird feel. Comfort that feels like rocking you around but the car stays FLAT.

Yeah, Ford and Chevy really hit it out of the park this generation. I liken the two cars to an E92 M3 and a last gen C63. They don't have the premium cabins or seats but I will say that the steering feel is definitely better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote