View Single Post
Old 10-31-2016, 10:16 PM   #6
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Picture time!

Fifty year anniversary edition adds some styling features to the regular SS. The 2SS package is where I feel like the car justifies the price tag a bit.

Mixes in alcantara/suede inserts on the doors and center tunnel with stitched leather pieces throughout the door panels, steering wheel, and seats. Seats are a mix of suede and leather. aluminum trim on the doors and shifter console.

Stitched leather on the dash trim. The only two places I can find cheap plastic in the interior are the dash left of the gauges and the shifter surround, but they are textured well.

700 miles and the ride is quiet without creaks or rattles (i know they will be coming). The magnetic shocks really smooth things out but the car doesn't flop around in turns. Odd combination to feel. shifter is precise..not as rifle bolt as the 911 but cleaner shifting than the GTI by far. Clutch is nicely weighted without being tiring and the steering really is better than expected for an electric rack.

Everything feels right in terms of build quality. Switches, buttons, interfaces all feel like they have some substance to them, nothing is going to break off in my hand.

I write that and then immediately think of the latch to move the seats forward to gain access to the backseat shelf. That does appear to be cheap compared to the 911 or GTI.

Trunk opening surround plastic is kind of cheap but not an area that matters much. Rest of the car has been solid. Can tell the difference in plastic grain between the Chevy and the germans but its not a show stopper or unworthy of the price point.

Overall, the car just offers a ton of content for a good price. Not too cheap that it'll attract the wrong crowd to the car, but not too expensive to make you question what you've purchased.

The biggest surprise is that despite the car having literally every option in the tech world, it lacks rain-sensing wipers and adaptive cruise control. Kind of odd considering all of the blind spot/parking technology.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote