View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #9
rocknrace03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #17593

My Ride:
WRX

so i've been busy with the truck the past few weekends.

first i built a Y-pipe for the twins and put on a 3 inch straight through muffler, dumps just behind the cab for now, but id like to bring it out to the rear bumper eventually.

I had planned to drive the truck around as is for a bit, but a canceled customer order for a log manifold got me thinking otherwise. So that fresh Y pipe was just a warm up

pulled in and removed the twins

got my goodie bag from mr sloppy himself, was much appreciated

will be running a on3 76-65 turbo, just a tad smaller than the one i had for my bmw. 44mm vs racing wastegate to keep the boost under control.

then i bolted my own kit on, little bed to the ac and it fits mint (as expected ;) )

welded in the wastegate, unsure if this location will work as well as it needs to, but its worth a shot i suppose. Id like to recirculate it into the downpipe to keep things nice and quiet. I didnt have too many other options with maintaing AC, time will tell.

Added some high temp black to finish things off for the weekend.

now im just waiting on the rest of the parts. Have a huge, black intercooler coming to hide behind the grill. also have oil/drain fittings in route as well as an AEM tru boost boost controller which i have plans to 3d print a custom HVAC vent for. I am starting to like this truck more now. I really would like this to be as clean as possible.
rocknrace03 is offline   Reply With Quote