mckpat03
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #15251

My Ride:
Mainly VWs

Send a message via AIM to mckpat03
mckpat's 2008 R32 Turbo and other adventures

Intro:
After being out of a fun car for a few years, I decided to get back into one. I had a V8 Touareg for two years from Oct. 2014 to Oct 2016. I absolutely loved that thing and I really hope I can get another Touareg sooner rather than later. This winter was not a particularly good time for me but I worked through some things and am on the up and up, now.

I was all over the map looking for cars originally - anything from saving up longer for a GT500 to an 04 S4 wagon and all kinds of other stuff. I ended up finding and really wanting this R32.

08 R32T in United Gray:

Purchased Saturday 5/6/17

I sort of knew it going in, but this thing is definitely a project, unfortunately. I currently have the car torn apart in my shop. There are quite a few things that need addressed. Boost leaks, a mess of vacuum hoses all teed together when factory systems were changed or removed, poor fitment of the turbo kit, exhaust leaks, boost control/hose issues, and more. Much of it is quite small, or maybe just personal preference, and just comes with the territory of buying a modified car like this. I'll have it back together and running again in a couple weeks. I'm just going to take it one step and one issue at a time.

Anyway, here's a picture from when I picked it up down in Virginia. I'm working on it almost every night and taking pictures along the way. I'll try to get caught up with picture uploads every couple days. This is quite a learning process.

IMG_6036 by Pat, on Flickr

Last edited by mckpat03; 05-10-2017 at 07:02 PM.
mckpat03 is offline   Reply With Quote