The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Just out of curiosity, what would qualify as first degree insubordination?
the insubordination offenses exist because sometimes people intentionally defy a moderators wishes. the second degree would be a less serious non-bannable offense, and first degree would be a more serious offense that the moderator feels should result in a temporary ban (7 day time-out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerioustt View Post
What if they use a sidekick? You can ban there name but if you ban there ip your banning numerous individuals because they share ips.
if someone abuses the forum from a sidekick and the problem gets serious enough i will be forced to block sidekicks alltogether. you can hate the offending person not me for that, but hopefully it wont come to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teggsr925 View Post
does that mean i have to change my sig
profitable promotion isnt allowed unless you are a vendor, which helps regulate the quality on the site as well as protect the vendors that support it. personal non-profit promotion is sometimes allowed, but is up to the moderating team's discretion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadgoat9286 View Post
Knowingly going off topic- how do you define this? Like is it in a thread about a Scion and you start talking about your car?
Or is it in the same thread and you start talking about the girl who is pictured next to the Scion?
we have been dealing with people knowingly going off topic for a long time and as much as we try, some people just dont listen. we try to keep things pretty laid back, and if anything is even somewhat linked to the topic, then its fine, but when you are knowingly and intentionally going off topic or adding completely useless posts to a thread and it is noticeable enough then you will get an infraction point for it. its merely a slap on the wrist, but hopefully will deter someone from doing it chronically and building up infraction points. this is all to try and keep the threads cleaner and more organized.
Quote:
Swear filter/inappropriate language- Isn't that what the filter is there for? If it blocks it out, it blocks it out. Or are you talking like adding an H in a word so you can still get the same exact word, just with an H? And how would you define "inappropriate language"? Name-calling? Teasing? Etc etc?
yes, it is mostly for people who are dodging the swear filter, which unfortunately is also a chronic problem for some reason.
Quote:
The rest is somewhat explanatory, but i'd like to understand some angles and all that..
thanks, like i said we're still trying to sort things out and this type of thoughtful feedback helps a lot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intercooled T View Post
I actually like this, because its going to catch some double-standards on this board, but the Insubordination, well thats a little vague. I'm hoping that some mods who get 'personally offended' or just pissed in general b/c they don't like certain members won't abuse it...
It has always been very important to myself and the rest of the moderating team to never make any moderating judgements personal. There is a very defined line between a personal response and a moderator response, and I'd like to think we do a very good job at making that division and not abusing any moderating power. If you ever do see a problem with this please contact me or any other moderator via PM and we will absolutely address the issue.
As far as "insubordination", unfortunately I can't summarize every single offense possible, so that is part of the reason the minor and major insubordination offenses exist, and it also defines when a user does not respect a moderators specific requests. I felt that the name was appropriate, but if it seems logical, I can always name it something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Regardless of the service you provide, you are still our peer. Maybe you should consider a better choice of words. Sounds too much like "Respect my AUTHORITY" to me.
We do want to be your peers, but at the end of the day the moderators are working to achieve a specific goal, and in certain situations, our authority must be respected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05OCsrt-4 View Post
can we have a contest to who can get the most points? lol
And the winner will receive a permanent ban and will be forgotten about almost immediately. The best part is there can be more than one winner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 03-14-2007 at 03:12 PM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote