Thread: Dave's ZL1
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 05:32 PM   #93
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Thank you guys

The ZL1 is still at the dealership...heading into month 3 now. While it was in there, I've asked for the rear deck rattle to be fixed. (Might as well, right?)

Financially, it's very tempting to dump the car and save the payment every month...maybe get a larger house with a bigger garage.

On the other hand, I almost consider the car a sunk cost at this point too. I could just pay it off quicker and eat **** until something else catches my eye.

The Supra looks promising, from what I've read it's basically a candy wrapped BMW Z4. Interior is BMW and the engine is the M235i motor (right?)

Styling appears to be much like most JDM stuff these days, but it has enough curves to not be too samurai-toaster in appearance. Worth a test drive.

The Miata/Fiat twins continue to look great to me...I just wonder about size. The previous versions were tight for me in the interior despite my lack of height haha. I'll have to test drive it as well.

German cars are more expensive to maintain but what I'd buy used is a pretty short list:
-997 911 Carrera S
-BMW M2 Competition in a year or two (worth a test drive - have heard good things, wasn't overly blown away by original M2)

M-B C63 is very tempting for a CPO DD with maintenance coverage. Love the 2019 refresh.

M4 CS is something I hadn't considered due to price tag but maybe they're reasonable CPO?

It's hard to stay angry after 3 months...despite the amount of great options, it's hard to decide on one too. This may take me awhile to figure out. I don't want to pull the trigger and regret it within a year....my wife might injure me Jokes aside, at this point of driving my E90 everyday...I'll take pretty much anything! haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 01-06-2019 at 05:34 PM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote