View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #696
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Jim View Post
I love watching your progress, and dedication!
Thanks, Jim (assuming that's your actual first name)!

I am hoping that this build will be the final stage for the car to where I can really enjoy it, so I am giving it my all.

I ordered my custom cometic HG today for the 1.8 mil thickness with 86mm bore to match the custom pistons, along with my HD rocker arms and cam. I went with a 284/280 based on a billet blank. Specs should be perfect for the engine I'm building with 11.5/11.0 lift and 109 lobe centers.

It'll be a bit angry with the stock intake but the whole setup with schmooof out when I switch to ITBs.

I have been working away at the black sedan- I have the shifter linkage done, driveshaft on, power steering setup back together, etc. Still need to finish exhaust, suspension, and put the engine harness back on and she'll be scootin. Then it's a bunch of small ****, a million hours of paint correction and hopefully a quick sale!

My family is itching for me to get the M3 out of their way (little brother started a BMW parts business and needs the space, runs in the family haha), so as soon as Black Betty is gone, Mr M3 is on a truck headed out this way (like I haven't said that before, this time it's for real, I promise).
blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote