Old 05-20-2008, 06:37 PM   #12
Vince@R/TTuning
Vendor

Member #3958

My Ride:
the one in the back of the shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh DIRT View Post
lower temps actually reduce power in most cases. But most likely you wont notice it once you rip on it because the temps will raise as usual.

That is true to a point....but the statement is a little to broad to stop there. Lower temps do effect performance when they are too low, but dropping your temps a few degrees allow you to build higher cylinder temps without running hotter which leads to more power. without getting into specifics (such as vehicle, mods, ECU, and actual temps) its just talking generalizations. I agree too cold is def no good, but running 5-10 degrees cooler, the ecu probaly isnt retarding timing or adding fuel(but that is also an assumption, cause on some cars it might). Also i think the factories are running cars hotter nowadays to help better control emissions, more so then to gain power. But in the end it all depends on how everything was designed. I agree with ya i just wanted to contribute to the thread....

Also this is assuming all on a factory ECU without being able to control such parameters...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Vince@R/TTuning is offline   Reply With Quote