View Single Post
Old 09-17-2018, 11:16 AM   #3
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAdutch View Post
Ive always thought these would make good daily/winter cars. I always worry about the maintenance though.
Yeah it is not cheap to run vs. say a Toyota.

We’ve had it long enough now that I’m more confident that the big ticket items are sound and any looming work is preventative.

My biggest worry is for the trans or transfer case to go out but that’s not common and with fluid changes at 100k, it should run for awhile.

Now, little stuff? Quite possible and likely. Window regulators are a problem area but I can DIY those for a couple hundred each.

What my endgoal here is to have an E90 with an identical setup to my old E46 M3 but with all season tires and all wheel drive so I can drive it year round back and forth between DC and Richmond.

If this blows up in my face spectacularly, let’s have a laugh about it together on here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote