View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #1
FoxMarketingCar
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #7074

My Ride:
2010 Lexus IS350C Turbo, 09 Lexus IS F Twin Turbo, 08 Turbo Focus Coupe(FOR SALE!!)

Send a message via AIM to FoxMarketingCar
Supercharged Hybrid Lexus CT200h - Build Thread

In mid January I took delivery of the new CT200h (just hit dealers in March) for a challenge - Supercharged a Hybrid, make power, and increase the gas mileage. I had to make some calls to put my team together but that was easier then I thought actually.

February
Here is a look at the 1.8L motor with the mock up of the Supercharger system. The whole month of February to figure out electrical side of it. What is tricky and sucks is the the ECU tells the motor to shut off and turn back on during start up. Once you hit the gas though, it comes to life and then ECU timing, etc. changes.

March
Goals for the month - Make a custom rear defuser and get the custom widebody kit on the car and ready for paint the first week of April.

Goal 1:
My boy Kenny Vinces came down NJ to hand make me his rear defuser. He swears by making it out of a light wood because of its strength. We will then flat black it and put on the car when complete in the future. Here is a look at how he had made it.

Goal 2:
On March 8 I bring the car up to my boys Ryan's shop in Palmyra, PA. Ryan is VERY talented at making anything I want him to pretty much. We looked at some renderings and started to source some parts we needed to get the job done with a short time frame. THIS IS NOT CHEAP but I want unique and you get what you pay for in the long run as I have learned over my 14 years doing this.

Jason is cutting the inside of the flares to fit up to the CT. Not like anyone makes a kit for this car yet so it has to be hand made.

The first step we did was create flares for the car to get the look we are going for. I want to run a 20x10 all the way around so I need at least a 3 inch flare to accommodate this. Jason is in the front pluming so we can measure for custom iForged wheels for the perfect offset.

I had a set of 20x9.5 Forgestar wheels for a 350Z that would give me the perfect offset I wanted in the front and rear. The correct way to do a custom widebody kit is to build it around your wheel and tire package.

The next step was to mock up the front lip spoiler for the car. This was a completely hand made part.

What is important to me is the angle. The tape line is something my eye play close attention to as it must look like my design I was going for.

Once the front end was completed it was time to sand down with our Norton products. What I like about Ryan's shop is the Goff's Curtain he uses to keep all the fiberglass dust from going everywhere! It really keeps all your dust in one spot and not messing up the rest of your garage.

Once most of the sanding was done it was time to really look at the final parts before priming and sanding again before the painting process.

This is the first time I get some of my vision getting close to the end here. The lip, front bumper and flares really give this car an aggressive look!

Next step was to add our BASF primer to the car and let the guys finishing blocking the parts for paint the first week of April

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
FoxMarketingCar is offline   Reply With Quote