TROLL
The [TST] Don
Admin

Member #3

My Ride:
07 Bugeye STi - 94 Supra

Send a message via AIM to TROLL
Been a while...

Jim, I only wanted 3-4" lift, more than that looks funny with 33" tires and it also creates some other complications when moving that far from stock height.

Back in Feb. I did install the Currie 4" springs along with the Rancho 9000XL shocks, Rubicon Express control arms and front and rear track bars, Rubicon Express endlinks, factory extended brake lines, and custom fitted bump stops. Strangely enough the rear of the Jeep went up 4" but the rear went up 5" so it looks all funky. I recently got in a set of MetalCloak 3.5" springs to replace those with and hopefully it will give me a more even lift.

Sizing and test fitting bump stops... this was a lot of back and forth work to make sure everything was right

You can see the uneven lift here... and I also Plastidipped my wheels black

I have also installed a Warn front bumper with Warn winch plate and bull bar, and a Smittybuilt XRC8 winch. I relocated the winch solenoid under the hood so it would look cleaner and also protect it from the elements, and I added a Harbor Freight wireless winch control to it as well so its quick and easy to use. I can still use the wired remote in the event that there's an issue with the wireless system.

sealing the solenoid up to keep water out
[img][/img]

solenoid mounted with wireless receiver

bracket for mounting solenoid above battery

running wiring... between winch and solenoid, with kill switch in line. This was finished nicely with techflex, heat shrink, and crimped and soldered ring terminals.

This past week I upgraded the totally crappy stock headlights to Hella H4 E-Codes and that might be my favorite upgrade so far. Don't underestimate good lighting and being able to see the road properly. Just using the basic 55w Hella bulbs on the stock wiring harness and it is MUCH better than the stock setup. Not just the light on the garage, but the light on the driveway in front of it, and to the left and the right... big difference when driving.

And I also got a new bigger toolbox which is super sweet... went from something similar to whats on the left (mine was only 2 pieces) to the one on the right. I have room for pretty much all my tools in there now, sweet!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Quote:
If your ever wearing your shirt and someone asks who Mike BartSUki is. Tell them Im a Youtube Sensation and the Top Underground Drifter coming out of Japan! HAHA How JDM is that!

|

Last edited by TROLL; 06-06-2014 at 11:11 AM.
TROLL is offline   Reply With Quote