View Single Post
Old 11-23-2019, 04:59 PM   #743
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

I spent the last few days fixing leaks on the Forester.

I did VC gaskets on both sides. The passenger gasket was leaking onto the up pipe sending some awesome fumes into the cabin. I also replaced all four (yes, four) oil cooler seals that were hardened and leaking. I found my small coolant leak to be a pinhole leak from the radiator, and ordered some OE metal coolant pipes/hoses that have gotten rusty/hard. Going to order a Nissens rad and change all of the coolant parts out together. I also did some new iridium plugs while I was in there. I did a comp check on cyl 2&4 and the numbers were within a few psi of each other which was nice (didn't do 1&3 because the oil was drained at that point).

RAAMmat is having a 10% off sale, so I ordered sound deadening and ensolite for the Fozz, in addition to new OE window guessets. I'm going to do the doors, hatch, and toss some over the rear fender arches. I am SO excited to complete this project. Here's a link to the package I ordered: http://www.raamaudio.com/package-1-2...-41-625-sq-ft/

Next batch of maintenance is going to be suspension. Inner/outer Tie Rods, FLCA bushings, ball joints, KYB GR2s, Swift Springs, new USMs, STI RCLAs, whiteline BSK003 Forester Swaybar kit and an alignment. The car runs so good as-is and is getting up there in milage that I opted not to do the VF turbo I had previously mentioned.

Every time I come in from working on this thing I start looking at STI hatchbacks again.....man, what I would give to own a low mileage car.....is not enough to obtain one.

Imagine what that smelled like:

Terrible photo attempting to show the multi-pieced oil cooler assembly:

blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote