Old 05-23-2010, 04:29 PM   #58
GeforceXtreme
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #367

My Ride:
2000 Buick Regal GSE

Send a message via AIM to GeforceXtreme
April to May 2010

A buddy of mine at the time was looking for a ported supercharger for his new intercooler setup on his Buick Regal. I had always thought about upgrading my currently Eaton Generation 3 (III) to a Generation 5 (V) supercharger from the 2004-2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP

The benefit of the Gen V over my older Gen III supercharger is:
• Larger Inlet/Outlet
• Much higher efficiently = lower outlet temperature
• More boost verses Gen III SC with same pulley size
• Smaller vent holes = LOUDER WHINE 

I was lucky enough to come across an Eaton Gen V SC for pennies and sold my old one to my buddy.

Before I installed the Gen V SC onto my car, I stripped it down to clean it up, have the outlet ported out for my Intercooler. I also painted the housing black to match my valve covers.

During my gen V SC upgrade, I decided to throw some other parts onto the car while I was at it.

List of upgrades:
• Eaton Generation V Supercharger
• ZZPerformance Stage III Water to Air Front Mount Heat Exchanger
• Supercharger Belt Wrap System
• ZZPerformance 10.3mm Spark Plug Wires
• Intense Red Polyurethane Upper Rear Motor Mounts

After completing this setup, my boost psi level went from 10 to 12 PSI up to 13 to 14.5+ PSI. My boost level is also much more constant then it was before. My cars supercharger belt was slipping horribly without the belt wrap kit I have now. I actually was losing more boost then my car could have actually produced back then. The car certainly feels like it has picked up some decent power. I guess it all comes down to what it puts down at the next dyno and track event. I may actually have to get a larger pulley for the new supercharger because I was seeing knock at WOT. I can tune it out, however I am trying to keep to a strict tuning method on my car.

2nd to 3rd gear WOT Run

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
- "Gods Grocery Getter is powered by an L67 3800"
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

12.900 @ 109.91mph 2.166 60Ft (Fastest 1/4)
13.374 @ 110.01mph 2.467 60Ft (Fastest Trap)

Last edited by GeforceXtreme; 01-01-2011 at 08:28 PM.
GeforceXtreme is offline   Reply With Quote