View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
nismo300zxjdm
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #23006

My Ride:
'90 Nissan 300zx NA, '90 300zx Twin Turbo, '08 Sentra Spec V

Thank you everyone! I am so excited for this! So to answer your questions 90blacktsiawd... The VG30DETT is a bad motor, you can buy any and every part you can think of for it. I just finished up rebuilding a VG30DETT, and I would rather not do it again. Couple of reasons why:

#1: I hate timing belts! With a passion! The VH45 has timing chains, so now I don't have to replace the entire front end of my engine every 60K
#2: Simplicity, the VG is a very complex engine with lots of intake piping, very prone to boost leaks even after tightening everything 3 times... and I am still chasing a very small one.
#3: The VH is different, and who doesn't like to be different
#4: Its a V8

The only set back to this engine is that there is limited aftermarket support, but there are some items that are slowly popping out. I believe one company will be producing camshafts. You can get ARP hardware. My flanges hehe and I have a couple sets of upgraded valve springs! It uses the VG30 Flywheel, and CA18 Coilpacks. There are more parts that can be swapped over from other vehicles too. I am using a VG30 Underdrive pulley on the crank, my buddy works at a machine shop and is going to bore the center out and make me a spacer to line up the water pump grooves.

Ok before I forget! This is a total transformation of the car. Mainly engine, exterior, and some interior.

Power numbers and goals....

Stock: VH45DE generates 278 hp at 6000 rpm and 292 lb·ft at 4000 rpm, like most Asian cars of this era the power was under-rated due to the gentleman's agreement. Stock redline is 6900.

Goals: Produce a reliable, clean, classy 500whp single turbo V8 Z32 (Hopefully with AC)

Parts list so far that I have or may have not purchased yet:

Engine:
Rebuilt VH45
Single Turbonetics T72 Ball Bearing Turbocharger
Tial (or equal) 44mm wastegate
BOV
Custom Intake Manifold
Top Feed Conversion w/ Ford Injectors
Custom 4" Down Pipe, to split into dual 3" exhaust
Custom Radiator
Intercooler
Wiring harness stripped down to bare minimum

Steering, Suspension, and Brakes:

Powertrix SS Coilovers
Energy Suspension Kit
Z1 FUCA's
Tension Rods
14" 370Z Rotors Up Front w/ Custom Caliper Brackets
Brembo SRT8 Front Calipers
Z1 SS Brake lines
Astra Electric Power Steering Pump

Exterior:
Wingswest Front Bumper
TBO Sideskirts
Twinz Type 2 Rear Bumper
Winfactory CSL-R Spoiler
Custom Aluminum Front Belly Pan/Lip
Repaint Super White

Wheels: Varrstoen ES 2.2.1. Matte Black

F-18X9.5 +22 Offset
R-18x10.5 +22 Offset

So much more to come...

So today/tonight was very productive. After work I picked up the turbo :D Came home, ate some food, and got right to work. I stripped everything out of the engine, and started removing some of the brackets. I don't know if I have the win of the day for having the largest balls or being the most stupid....but this is my front body harness...

Here is the placement of the electric power steering pump-

Then some pictures of the engine bay-

LOOK at this mess!

Any my most favoritest picture of the day!!!

I am adding a link to my Photobucket on my sig.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

My Build Thread!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
nismo300zxjdm is offline   Reply With Quote