View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 09:04 PM   #756
blue91lx
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #21697

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolNat View Post
Cool story and great find. I'm sure her husband would be happy to see it being taken care of.

Great work on the paint, it looks really good.
Thanks, man! I love cars with a story- it can really give meaning to these chunks of parts and metal we all love so dearly.

I spent the rest of the day checking the car out, inspecting things, and finishing the paint correction/ceramic coating. Good for 12mo, and it looks so different compared to how I got it. The paint has more depth, albeit still a poor paint job.

Some notes/thoughts:

-The hot boi wing has GOT to go, but they drilled into the trunk lid to mount it.
-The passenger front outer ball joint has play
-Strut housing gland nuts are destroyed from someone trying to remove them and failing
-Steering rack has some play
-CABs are worn
-Drivers rear door is torn apart for a fix. It's the only door that doesn't lock, so I'll need to figure that out sooner than later since it's a daily.
-Head gasket is leaking from the passenger front where they normally do. I'm going to deal with that after the first of the year.
-Rust encapsulator is ordered. I'm going to polycarbide down the areas that need attention and seal it the best I can to stop the rust from spreading.
-Left turn signal works but doesn't illuminate from the dash
-Both rear windows are inop
-At the house I have belts, vacuum hoses, timing belt/wp/tensioner/etc, cap/rotor, plugs, various gaskets/seals, etc. I'm just going to have to add the head gasket to the mix, which isn't too bad.
-I HATE comfort seats. I have a decent tan drivers sport seat I'm going to toss in until I find a pair of black sports seats.

I'll take care of the engine first, which is an easy job. And then I'll accumulate parts for the front suspension and do all that at once.

After coating:

Untitled by Bobbie Morrone, on Flickr

I put some 303 on the minty dash:

And started putting the interior back together:

Dirty engine bay. This will get freshened up when I address the above issues.

blue91lx is offline   Reply With Quote