View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 05:41 PM   #49
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

I drove the E90 back to PA for a day trip to visit some high school friends that were in town for the holidays. As soon as I arrived back in Allentown, the low oil level light popped on the dash.

Since I just didn't feel like dealing with working on a car at the time, (or really this entire holiday break), I called up Daniels BMW to get me in for a top-off. $11 and 20 minutes later, the oil was filled and the E90 continued to chug along.

The oil was last changed in late March/early April and has maybe 4k on it. The usual suspects are leaks from the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, oil pan gasket, or the eccentric shaft sensor gasket.

Previously, I had noticed a small dried dab of oil near the valve cover gasket in the usual spot. I'll worry about this later.

CarPlay box and rear view camera were received too. Tons of wires and no desire at this point. Check back in another few weeks as I work up the motivation to wrench again

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote