View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #42
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Completed the interior part of the project today by adding the M Performance shift knob, ebrake and aluminum trim kit. The aluminum trim kit is not cheap when going through the dealer or even forums/ebay but I found a scrapyard that had the set for the 09-11 E90 w/ navigation (rare) and didn't know what they had. It is in immaculate condition!

Now the pedals aluminum trim matches the steering wheel, which matches the shifter, ebrake handle and the trim of the car's dash, doors and console.

My vision came out perfectly!

Here's the old shift knob...started to peel, reveal itself as a cheap chrome sticker basically:

This piece right here is not easy to find used:

The new console area:

Door pieces in, one for each door:

Completed interior:

List of changes done:
-X1 Sport steering wheel (heated)
-335i Sport seats (heated)
-Rear fold-down seats w/ ski access
-BMW/Alpine Hi-Fi stereo retrofit kit
-CIC Navigation system firmware and maps updated
-SiriusXM turned on (hardware existed but needs code change to enable)
-Aluminum trim kit
-BMW M Performance shift knob w/ boot, ebrake w/ boot, pedals

Two items I'm still trying to decide on are an Apple CarPlay retrofit kit and a reverse camera retrofit kit. We'll see how long I go before I wire those up to the factory system.

But yeah, interior done.

Tires, TPMS sensors are next for the CSL wheels and then those will be on the car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote