View Single Post
Old 02-26-2014, 12:02 PM   #10
Hoodie
Noob-Jersey

Member #26496

My Ride:
'01 Dub Jetta 1.8T

Hello all, i am new to this forum and im hoping someone can help me out. I have a 2001 jetta 1.8T with auto trans. Love the car but having trans problems. The car was slipping for awhile so i went and had the fluid and filter changed. It is now worse. I let the car warm up to full temp and it goes in reverse fine. But when i put it into drive, it doesnt engage. I press on the throttle and it just sits there revving the engine. Sometimes for almost a full minute before it "slowly starts to move. Then, every time i stop, it hesitates pretty bad before it wants to engage and start moving again. Once i pass thru 2nd gear, it runs awesome. Im by all means no mechanic but learning as i go. I tried the key/gas pedal trick but didnt seem to work. Im really hoping i dont need a new trans. Could anybody give me some advice/insight on wat the problem/solution could be? Ive read about solenoids and throttle body but again, im no mechanic. Thanks in advance and i pray somebody can help. It has 162,000 miles. But like i said, it runs great after it decides it wants to go
Hoodie is offline   Reply With Quote