Thread: Dave's ZL1
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 11:40 AM   #79
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipman View Post
I worked for GM for almost 3 years and this doesn't surprise me at all. Not just your scenario, but everything about GM is so half-assed. Cheap parts, cheap looks and I feel like they don't care about their cars or their customers/enthusiasts.
Yeah, I get that. It's a weird overall experience.

- People/general public: Much friendlier and nicer to me with the Camaros than the german stuff. Seems like it's more acceptable to drive for a lot of people.

- Community: Chevy community is really nice overall...people just enjoying their cars and racing them. The mustang hatred and competition attracts the people who you wouldn't want to hang out with anyway.

- Aftermarket: Not as big as I was hoping...pricing a little too high all things considered.

- Dealerships: These really make or break the ownership experience and I found two good ones out of five. Not ideal.

- Vehicle quality: Hard to compare because the German stuff was all on the luxury side. Fit and finish was good, nothing crazy overall...well-built in most regards.

- Performance: I mean, what can beat them at their price points for a new car? Pretty insane what the ZL1 can do for $65k MSRP.

- Overall: Disappointed. Like you said, a little half-assed. They have this product that's world class for the price but won't pony up to improve the dealership experience or take care of their loyal customers. I've invested over six figures in two years with this brand and my reward was a car they won't offer goodwill on? That angers me in ways an object should not.

I still am waiting for the official call from the PAC rep, but already know the outcome. I hope to be able to get some goodwill from the regional rep because this is entirely BS. Also, the car has been at the dealer since October 14th for this repair. None of this should be taking this long.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/

Last edited by DaveSTi; 11-26-2018 at 11:56 AM.
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote