Old 08-19-2013, 03:14 PM   #34
Bates
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #16741

My Ride:
2012 Nissan Juke & 1987 Nissan 300ZX GLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 View Post
Bringing this back from the dead for a question. I did end up ordering a new HDD. I got a hybrid Seagate drive, which worked great for about a month then the same problem happened. Anyone know why it would happen again that quickly? I loaded a clean version of windows, didn't clone my old HDD or anything. Would there be another component in my laptop that would cause this to happen?

I bought a new laptop already but I figured I would ask to see what would cause this to happen. Also wouldn't mind throwing that hybrid one in my new laptop as it worked great. So if it is another component that failed rather than the actual HDD it would be helpful to know. I don't want to load a bad hdd onto my new laptop and cause any problems. Thanks guys.
Sounds like you have Sata controller issues. Congrats on buying a new notebook rather than throwing money at the old one.

Word of advice, Hybrids are junk. You are getting let's say 500 gigs of standard disk storage most likely at 5400 RPM if it is a notebook hard drive, and 8 gigs of SSD storage.

It's a terrible way to drop 130$. Take that money next time and get a 60-120GB SSD, and then a 500GB slave HDD. Might be a little bit more money but it is a much better route to go.
Bates is offline   Reply With Quote