View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #17
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
LOTS of mods planned already, haha.

Can you actually do the software tune for the shocks? That's something that would probably take a pretty willing dealer to fiddle with... Wheels aren't necessary, especially with the aftermarket ;) $2200 isn't TOO bad for all of those brake components, all told.

Any way to add the e-diff while you're at it?
Haha, yeah I have the mod glasses on since the platform has a lot of potential baked into it by GM.

Well, the beauty of the 1LE upgrade is that it'll be offered by GM! So all I would have to do is buy the kit from the internet and drop it off with the car at the dealership who can then download the tune to my shocks through the GM system. Would only take a couple hours altogether and my warranty would remain intact. Same suspension used on the Nurburbring record setting ZL1.

Nah, $2200 is a drop in the bucket compared to a BBK from Brembo in the aftermarket. Instead, I get Brembo six pistons for GM prices.

Not sure...it would require new half shafts, mounting hardware and software/potential module and harness changes. Lots of unknowns on that one right now...may make more sense to do a trade-in on a 1LE or ZL1 than to attempt it. I'm sure within a year, we'll know for sure.

Speaking of ZL1...they're starting to hit dealer lots and I'm already wondering if that's the better move to make in a year or two. (I'm ridiculous).

Here's a page to keep eyes on:
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance...arts/2016.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote