View Single Post
Old 11-15-2016, 02:34 PM   #8
DaveSTi
Tri-State Post Whore

Member #1591

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
Not sure how I missed this...

This is... uhh... different. I completely understand why you did what you did (look at why I did what I did...) and I'm kindaaaa wondering if I should have done something similar (slightly cheaper but way more powerful Mustang...)

Congrats on the new car, Dave!
Thank you! I know this is out of left field for me, as i'm not a typical muscle car guy.

I've driven the 2015+ Mustang GT w/ Performance Pack and Recaro seats(and regular seats) for quite a bit (2-3 hours of seat time due to a lot of test drives).

The Camaro beats it as a performance car by a noticeable margin.

I would say that if you really want a platform to modify a ton, then the Mustang is the way to go. If you want something better sorted out of the box, then the Camaro with Mag Ride and NPP is the way to go (1LE is the ideal if you can live without blind spot technology).

I'm at 1200 miles now and can say the car is faster through turns than my old 911 thanks to mag ride and more tire contact patch. It's much faster in a straight line, has better brakes and can hold a line at significant speed for a factory car. The weak link has to be the seats and I could definitely go for the 1LE method of more tire and suspension.

Aside from that, it's aesthetic preferences and interior design and storage. The Mustang wins that part, but I'd argue having the TR6060 transmission is worth not having much of a back seat.

For the money, can't beat these two cars right now. Especially with Chevy's 0% for 72 mos, or 20% off plus cash back deals right now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
/
/
/
/
DaveSTi is offline   Reply With Quote