Old 04-23-2010, 07:58 AM   #723
DC5_Type_Slow
Tri-State Training Wheels

Member #16087

My Ride:
SSM 05 K20z1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROLL View Post
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.

Its a tough situation to give people plenty of notice including those coming from out of town while still making an accurate call knowing the weather can change without notice.

Glad so many people are looking forward to the event as much as they are, which is where all of the strong opinions are coming from I guess, but the event was set up with a rain date from the start and it will be used if necessary; nothing is going to change that.

One more time, so hopefully everyone sees it among the pages and pages of posts discussing weather now...
We will be making the official call about holding the event on the original date or the raindate around noon on Saturday the 24th, the day before the event.
Okay, along with this statement from the guys running the show.

I Got at least 100 kids coming from Lehigh Valley. Tons of us never have off on Sundays. Personally Me and around 5 other kids work at the same place and had our General Manager ravage the schedule just to let us all have off the same day. She is willing to switch our schedules to may second instead if we tell her tonight.

To be honest. I'm not driving in the rain if its sunday and I'm not going to sit in my house on the 1st sunday i've had off in a year and a half.

Instead I'll just work my shift along with many of the people from our Lehigh Valley crew.

We all agree that it makes no sense not using the rain day.

DUDES ITS GOING TO POUR SATURDAY, ALL SUNDAY, INTO MONDAY

Who honestly wants to ride down to Morgantown in the pouring rain. IMO Why not with the windows down on a nice hot spring day.

In my and many other Valley kids opinion it only makes sense to change it to May 2nd.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
DC5_Type-Slow
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.