JoeScooby
Tri-State Addict

Member #345

My Ride:
2004 JPB Subaru WRX Sedan

Send a message via ICQ to JoeScooby Send a message via AIM to JoeScooby
Running boost guage lines WRX.

Routing boost guage lines.

Pop out the gromet right above the clutch pedal. Please try not to loose it. There is an alternative gromet that may work better, but I did it this way.

Snake the rubber hose through the hole. Put as much as you can out there. Then grab a flashlight and balance it on a screwdriver till you can light up the area out of the hole

Pop the hood and find the light. Use a wirehanger to guide it up to the top. Note that running the rubber hose here is more dangerous that my above mentioned alternative as I don't know what will happen if the hose breaks and dangles into some water or dirt.

Then find the vacum line off the bronzed colored round thing with a Z on it attached to the intercooler. This is another dangerous part. If you want to do stupid things like myself, you will measure about 3 inches down and then cut it. Take the t-fitting that came with the guage and splice the rubber hose into that line. Here is a picture of the end result. Oh, btw, if you want to be smart then just run out to an auto parts store or home depot to find a matching high quality line... Therefore no changes to your stock setup (doh!).

# Note that I installed it about 2.4 inches away.. you really should install it a little lower, or just buy your own hose.
# Check fittings and start up car. The boost guage should read in the negative. If it doesn't jump to 0 when you give it a little gas in neutral, then somethings wrong with the hose or the guage, or your engine.
# Secure your rubber tube as it can get damaged by the clutch or rub against the edge of the hole and get cut. I wrapped some electric tape around where it hit the hole and then "temporarily" taped it down.

2014 Outback
2014 STi Hatch
2013 Yukon SLT

Last edited by JoeScooby; 12-02-2005 at 07:33 PM.
JoeScooby is offline   Reply With Quote