Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #56
sry110
Tri-State Aficionado

Member #1924

My Ride:
2006 350z, 2012 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchSurfer3 View Post
Hey I don't blame you. I have gone through lots of different wheels on cars. Sometimes they're just do for a change. The new ones flow well and are a good change from the dark wheels. I'm pretty jealous of your DD too! I'll be getting an sti as a daily once the Z in paid off. For now its the civic, which isn't too bad considering the MPGs haha.
I hear ya on the gas mileage bit. I'm getting maybe 20mpg around town (and that's if I stay out of boost) running a stage 2 tune. Now it's an off-the-shelf tune which is going to run a bit rich (because Cobb doesn't want to be responsible for dumb kids blowing up their Subaru engines) so with a pro-tune I could maybe increase gas mileage.

I've heard that the 2011-2012 STi's have a fuel eco mode built-in which can get something like 30+ mpg on the highway (while my stg 2 sti is getting maybe 24mpg at 75-80mph), but I don't really know whether that's true, and late model STi's are still a prohibitive amount of coin to get into.

When you do go to buy your STi, make sure you get compression and leakdown tests done. Lots of cracked piston ringlands out there. If/when the time comes feel free to shoot me some questions, I may be able to steer you clear of potential problem$.
sry110 is offline   Reply With Quote