Thread: SCCA Questions
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 11:45 PM   #15
piknockout
Tri-State Addict

Member #1855

My Ride:
2006 Subaru STi

Even with the EVOC and other advanced training you speak of, you'll still have plenty to learn. I definitely suggest having an instructor along for the first run or two to make sure you get a handle on reading the course and possibly gaining some techniques (i.e., looking ahead, getting behind the cones, etc.). There's definitely opportunity to improve on driving skills.

As far as the car goes, the car itself is an F-Stock car, but as stated the CAI and wheels definitely put you out of FS. More than likely at this point ESP is probably the class that will fit some of the minor mods, especially suspension, that you're looking to do.

But either way, until you get the car prepped correctly for whichever class you choose, and learn how to read/drive the courses correctly, you won't truly be competitive. But time concentrate on car buildup and on learning as much as you can to improve your driving, you'll be there in no time. Good luck!

3 STU - 2006 Philly STX Champ - 2007/2008 WDCR STX Champ - Sponsored by
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote